- Reasons for data collection
You may be required to provide information (data) to SANS for product registration and renewal reminder, or register for marketing activities held by SANS. Additional site use data may be gathered as you navigate our web sites. This data is gathered for the following main purposes:
- To establish your identity – for these purposes, contact information such as, name, email addresses and mobile number will be collected from you during the registration process.
- To tailor our service to your needs – information on service use may be used to compile aggregate statistics and carry out analysis in order to help us create content and navigation that is most relevant and friendly to users.
- For marketing and promotional purposes for SANS’s distributing products and/or services, as well as communication with users, including contacting you directly to inform you of new services or opportunities – names, email addresses, mobile phone number will be collected.
Whilst SANS endeavors to adhere to our strictest guidelines and select only reputable partners in providing the service, our privacy protection does not cover data that you provide directly to third parties (including but not limited to online advertisers, on-line merchants sites, other hyper linked website). SANS advises you to consult with the relevant parties before providing any data.
- Disclosure of data collected
2.1 You acknowledge and authorize that all data supplied by you will be retained by SANS and stored in one or more of our databases. SANS will maintain full control over and safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality all data in these database and will NOT release to third parties except the following:
- Authorized employees of SANS who have received proper training on handling of customer information.
- Third party service providers in providing support services including but not limited to administrative, customer services, eMarketing, and other professional services.
- Any person by whom SANS is required to make disclosure by applicable legal, governmental or regulatory requirements.
- Any of SANS’s actual or proposed assignees or transferees of SANS’s rights during company’s re-construction, re-organization or other similar situations.
You further acknowledge that third parties to whom data supplied by you may be transferred in accordance with paragraph 2.1 above may be situated outside Hong Kong.
2.2 Data will not be disclosed to third parties without your consent for marketing or promotional purposes.
- User preferences / Opt-out
SANS provides users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving unsolicited communications from SANS from time to time and/or at the time of registration. In addition, if at any point in the future you do not wish to receive any unsolicited communications from SANS, simply contact our customer relations by email, and our customer relations will remove you from our contact list for the purposes of those communications. SANS would retain your contact details for use only for customer service purposes, such as unavailability of our service or impact to your use of our services for any other reason, or where you have subscribed to a particular service, updates or information in relation to that service.
SANS is concerned with the security of data collected and has put in place measures to prevent unauthorized access to that data. SANS’s systems safeguard electronic communications by utilizing appropriate security protocols for authentication and authorization. Notwithstanding the above, SANS shall not in any event be responsible for any breach whatsoever of security or the unauthorized disclosure or use of any such data. If you do not consent to these conditions, you must discontinue your use of the SANS properties.
- Period of retention
Your data will be retained for a period necessary to attain the specified purpose.